Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You Want Bridges, I'll Give You Bridges

My lovely, lovely, wonderful friend Joia sent me a very sheepish and polite comment on facebook last night. She said, "If you get a chance, could you photograph the Charles Bridge? I've loved stories and descriptions of it, but I only have one photo of it."

Could I take photos of the Charles Bridge? Could I?

Oh Joia...this one's for you ;)



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. They have swan paddle boats! That is both awesome and cheesy.

Joia said...

*Dies from the overwhelming love*

Oh, Anne-with-an-e! I'd do a happy dance, if it wouldn't likely end with me in a cast!

These are gorgeous shots. I've never seen it from those angles! Those supports - what odd angles and interesting construction!

And the sky behind that cross was gorgeous. The tourists on the bridge cracked me up! It looks like one of my cheezy festivals up there!

And that swan boat - ha!

But more than that - the way the bridge is framed by the gorgeous buildings was just spectacular.

You, pretty sweeting, are brilliant.

And your "You Want Bridges" line of course made me think of "The Doctor Dances."

I'm dying here, woman. You're just fantastic.