Thursday, June 12, 2008

Welcome, welcome!

Hello everybody, and welcome to my travel blog!

As you know, if you're here, I am spending the first half of this summer studying and traveling in the UK and a little teensy bit into Europe. This is the place where you can go to keep up with my activities. The goal is to update every other day or so, but we shall see how I do at that.

So what exactly AM I going to be doing? I will be in London from June 19-July 19. For the bulk of that time I'll be living and studying at the Foundation for International Education center in South Kensington. My study program, Shakespeare Live! is through UC Davis, taught by a UC Davis English professor. There are, I believe, 21-25 of us going on this trip, and all except 2 or 3 of us are from UC Davis. Over the 4 weeks of the program we're going to be studying and seeing 5 Shakespeare plays in London and Stratford-Upon-Avon: King Lear, Twelfth Night, the Merry Wives of Windsor, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and the Taming of the Shrew. I am also personally doing Hamlet on my own after the program is over.

After studying is over, I'm going to be traveling on my own for about 2 1/2 more weeks. During that time, I'm mostly going to be sticking to the south spending time in Southampton, Stratford-Upon-Avon (again), London, Cardiff, and I will also be spending about a week with my older brother in Prague.

I'm going to be posting SOME pictures here with my blog posts, but for the most part, you'll be able to find the bulk of my pictures on my flicker at this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aebaker2697/

Anyway, welcome to my travel blog and I hope you enjoy your stay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say I think the blog is a great idea and I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing how the trip is going. Have fun!